Sunday, January 01, 2006

day one

and what a day it was. I was in no shape to leave the comfort of home until the afternoon hour but the bargains waited for me.

first stop: anthropologie. they were closed today yet I found joy in the 75% off christmas items sign displayed on the table that held the tree skirt I felt fondly for at the after christmas sale. at that sale it was 50% off (regular price is $128) and I knew in my sale bones that I should hold out. ten am tomorrow we will come together for $32. plus tax.

next stop: bay street and there old navy was puking out the markdowns. lots of stuff was on clearance and that was all an extra 30% off. I bought five long sleeved shirts for oli, a two dollar shirt for myself (and it is really cute, navy blue with three quarter sleeves and says "utah" in a star wars poster font-ish way. the star wars posters with mark h. and carrie f.), a pair of fleece gloves for running (I've wanted them for a while but just could not pay more than two dollars. need met this afternoon.) AND finally a full priced tank top all for $32 which includes tax.

conclusion: there was other stuff at bay street but nothing I needed to have. I bought a tree topper at pottery barn but I think on principle I will be returning it. it was only 30% off, I can't believe I bought it! the only thing I can say for myself is that it was the first stop, I wasn't in the right space yet. banana republic had a lot of stuff marked way down but I think the quality is not so good, especially since it is still all over $20. claire's had all the gift items at 75% off and it wasn't all christmas stuff so you could stock up on items for the five to seven year old birthday girl in your life. now I am waiting for some shoes I love to go on sale at rabat, the erica tanov sale for a headband I love and the dish sale for sundry items at a super discount. 06 = xo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home