Sunday, October 18, 2009

Green, Eco-friendly, Creative, gifts on a budget: The Terrarium


Image/Terrarium from doodlebirdie on Etsy.com

Last year I did a series of posts on creative, low-cost gift ideas. This year I've been racking my brain for ways to give low-impact gifts that can be recycled. I've come up with a few ideas and I thought I'd share.

One of my favorite ideas is a Terrarium. I've made a few of my own from old glass vases from flower deliveries, and they turned out cute! (And cost about $10-$15 bucks including plants.) If you'd like to make your own, watch tutorial on ehow. It was so easy! And since I used succulents, I rarely have to water them.

Etsy has tons of them listed from $10-$60 bucks or so. There are great deals to be found! Take this Terrarium necklace, only $8.00! Here is a similar one.



Please enjoy! I'll post more ideas soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mammacita said...

Here is a great article in sfgate about them!

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/10/17/HOFE197QMK.DTL

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home