Saturday, September 17, 2005

End of an era

I just got back from Outback Steak House in Pinole. This is where Jill chose to have our last meal together until we meet again in Cape Cod in August 2006. I was able to remain composed all throughout dinner, but I fell apart in the car going home. Having a huge 22-ounce beer with my shoe-sized steak didn't help me any. My best friend is moving to Boston! My heart is totally broken, but I am also happy and excited for her. Did you know there is no tax on clothing in Boston? That's like the whole city is 8.5% off! (They probably don't tax clothes because its fucking BUTT cold there and it is hard to stay warm.) I really wanted to go to Mervyn's with her across the way at the strip mall tonight, but my husband wasn't having any of it. I think it's been about 15 years since I stepped foot in a Meryvns. I was dying to check it out!


Anyhoo, they have an H&M in Boston, so I will be sending her money to buy me some shit. So, I guess there is a silver lining. (No, really, there is not, at least for me.) I love you, Jill! Lookout, Ptown!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home